Full Putra Heights blast report to be released by year end, says MB

17 Aug 2026, 2:09 PM
Full Putra Heights blast report to be released by year end, says MB
Full Putra Heights blast report to be released by year end, says MB

SHAH ALAM, Aug 17 — The full report on the Putra Heights gas pipeline explosion last year will be released by the last quarter of the year, said Menteri Besar Dato’ Seri Amirudin Shari.

He added that the state government is prepared to release the review, but is awaiting a decision from the federal administration as the report involves several federal agencies and companies.

“We are ready. I am just awaiting the decision from the federal government on whether the Cabinet will allow us to open it to the public… So it isn’t fully in our power to do so,” he explained when met after an MOU exchange between SmartSel Sdn Bhd and PG LinkaranFiber Sdn Bhd, as well as the launch of the Cyberjaya Fibreisation Project, here today.

Amirudin said that if there is no decision from the federal government, he would consult the Selangor legal adviser to determine which points can be released under the state government’s power.

“At least matters involving local authorities and such.

“After Merdeka, we will decide. I think a note was sent to the federal government a while back,” he added.

The Putra Heights gas pipeline explosion on April 1, 2025, destroyed and damaged nearby houses and vehicles.

Categorynews

What do you think?

Latest
Media Selangor
About Us

Media Selangor Sdn Bhd (MSSB), a subsidiary of Menteri Besar Selangor Incorporated (MBI), is the official media agency of the Selangor State Government. In addition to the Media Selangor news portal (formerly known as Selangorkini & Selangor Journal), Media Selangor also publishes newspapers in Mandarin, Tamil, and English.