Selangor ready to reveal full Putra Heights blast report, says MB

22 May 2026, 6:55 AM
Selangor ready to reveal full Putra Heights blast report, says MB
Selangor ready to reveal full Putra Heights blast report, says MB

SHAH ALAM, May 22 — The Selangor government is prepared to disclose the full investigation report on the gas pipeline explosion incident in Putra Heights, Subang Jaya to the public to ensure transparency.

Menteri Besar Dato’ Seri Amirudin Shari said the state has no objection to doing so, but is still awaiting feedback from Putrajaya as the investigation also involves agencies under federal jurisdiction.

“The full report is ready, and we are waiting for the federal government’s report because it involves federal agencies. The state has no issue with disclosure, and I will indeed recommend that it be made public for viewing and review.

Amirudin said the report includes findings from an independent committee, which includes two representatives selected by the opposition, as well as experts, to review a separate investigation report prepared by the official task force that probed the case that was tabled in the previous state assembly sitting.

"I believe there are no major differences between the two reports, although parts of it involve technicalities related to pipeline management, engineering and related matters. Therefore, I have asked officials to provide feedback." 

He said this when met at the launch of the Selangor People’s Tuition Programme (PTRS) and Didik Kasih Programme (PDK) 2026 at Dewan Raja Muda Musa here today.

Amirudin said the state government is also taking into account the federal government’s views, considering that several aspects of the investigation fall under the jurisdiction of federal agencies and involve ongoing legal proceedings.

“There are many agencies involved under federal jurisdiction. That is why I am referring to them first, whether we can release the report, although there are differing views and suggestions that it need not be disclosed.

“At the same time, there are ongoing court cases involving lawsuits filed by Putra Heights residents against several parties. So, I am referring the matter to legal counsel as we need to consider whether releasing the report could affect the legal process or the lawsuits." 

In September last year, the Selangor government appointed an independent committee led by Malaysia-Japan International Institute of Technology's (MJIIT) Disaster Preparedness and Prevention Center (DPPC) senior research fellow Khamarrul Azahari Razak to investigate the explosion incident.

State executive councillor for disaster management Mohd Najwan Halimi said the committee's formation reflects the state government’s commitment to ensuring transparency and prioritising public safety in handling incidents involving critical infrastructure.

The incident, which occurred on April 1 last year, resulted in 81 homes being destroyed with structural damage exceeding 40 per cent, 81 homes partially damaged, 57 affected but not burned, while 218 homes remained unaffected, including those in Kampung Tengah, Puchong.

What do you think?

Latest
MidRec
Media Selangor
About Us

Media Selangor Sdn Bhd (MSSB), a subsidiary of Menteri Besar Selangor Incorporated (MBI), is the official media agency of the Selangor State Government. In addition to the Media Selangor news portal (formerly known as Selangorkini & Selangor Journal), Media Selangor also publishes newspapers in Mandarin, Tamil, and English.