Subang Jaya rubbish collection issues in the past as operations now at 95 pct

6 Feb 2026, 6:28 AM
Subang Jaya rubbish collection issues in the past as operations now at 95 pct
Subang Jaya rubbish collection issues in the past as operations now at 95 pct
Subang Jaya rubbish collection issues in the past as operations now at 95 pct

SHAH ALAM, Feb 6 — KDEB Waste Management (KDEBWM) has stressed that the rubbish collection issues in Subang Jaya previously highlighted are old problems and no longer reflect the company’s current operational situation.

Its corporate communications assistant general manager Mahfuzah Muhammad Tarmidi said the issue occurred during the transition period following the appointment of a new contractor, which at the time faced several operational constraints before conditions stabilised.

The performance of rubbish collection operations in Subang Jaya has now shown significant improvement, with implementation levels reaching between 90 and 95 per cent and remaining under control.

“Reports highlighting these old issues do not reflect the current situation and give a negative impression of KDEBWM, when in fact rubbish collection operations in Subang Jaya have now reached 90 to 95 per cent and are under control.

“Every complaint received will be addressed within 24 hours where possible; however, complaints must be submitted through official channels and in accordance with the prescribed procedures to ensure that action can be taken more quickly, accurately, and effectively,” she said during an interview with Media Selangor at KDEBWM's headquarters in Shah Alam on Tuesday (February 4).

Mahfuzah added that the newly appointed contractor required some time to familiarise itself with the operational areas to ensure that collection schedules could be carried out more efficiently and comprehensively.

KDEBWM is always ready to provide the best possible service to residents in Selangor and remains committed to continuously improving the quality of solid waste collection services.

Previously, the media reported that Selangor residents were dissatisfied with domestic and garden waste collection, which was allegedly inconsistent in Subang Jaya and Petaling Jaya.

It was also claimed that the problem began after KDEBWM renewed its contracts with local authorities, including the Subang Jaya City Council (MBSJ) on January 1 and the Petaling Jaya City Council (MBPJ) on November 1 last year.

Latest
MidRec
About Us

Media Selangor Sdn Bhd, a subsidiary of the Selangor State Government (MBI), is a government media agency. In addition to Selangorkini and SelangorTV, the company also publishes portals and newspapers in Mandarin, Tamil and English.