Tg Sepat piggeries to cease operations by July 1

19 May 2026, 5:03 AM
Tg Sepat piggeries to cease operations by July 1

SHAH ALAM, May 19 — Pig farms in Tanjong Sepat have been ordered to shut by July 1, when the six-month grace period granted to operators by the state government ends.

Tanjong Sepat assembly Datuk Borhan Aman Shah said the leeway was given to allow farmers to transfer or sell off their livestock, including piglets, and ceasing operations.

“We have given a six-month (grace period) because they said they still had things to sort out. After that period, enforcement action will be taken,” Borhan said, as reported by Utusan Malaysia.

Previously, Sultan of Selangor Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah Alhaj ordered that hog houses in the state be shut, and declared a stance against new farms in Bukit Tagar.

His Royal Highness reiterated these decrees at the opening ceremony of the First Meeting of the Fourth Term of the 15th Selangor State Legislative Assembly on April 20.

On May 7, the Sultan then again emphasised that Selangor mustn’t host pig farms, in a statement issued by the Ruler’s private secretary Dato’ Mohamad Munir Bani.

What do you think?

Latest
MidRec
Media Selangor
About Us

Media Selangor Sdn Bhd (MSSB), a subsidiary of Menteri Besar Selangor Incorporated (MBI), is the official media agency of the Selangor State Government. In addition to the Media Selangor news portal (formerly known as Selangorkini & Selangor Journal), Media Selangor also publishes newspapers in Mandarin, Tamil, and English.