SHAH ALAM, May 19 — Investigations into cases involving insults against the royal institution must be conducted comprehensively and in detail to ensure that any prosecution is not compromised or rendered defective, said Menteri Besar Dato' Seri Amirudin Shari.
They must be expedited simultaneously to prevent speculation and an unhealthy atmosphere from arising in society.
He said the stance of the Federal government, including that of the state government, remains consistent in rejecting any form of insult against the royal institution, particularly those involving religion, race, and royalty (3R).
“I have already requested a clear statement that insults against the royal institution in matters involving 3R and related issues are inconsistent with the position of the Federal government, including the Selangor state government.
“These are acts that disrupt the institution, tarnish the dignity of the Rulers, and warrant serious and immediate action,” he told the media after launching the Selangor State-Level Telecommunications Infrastructure Vandalism Prevention Campaign 2026 at the Shah Alam Club today.
Amirudin added that prosecution matters fall under the jurisdiction of the Attorney-General and require careful scrutiny before any action is taken.
Thoroughness in the investigation process is important to ensure prosecutions are based on complete facts and evidence, thereby avoiding weaknesses in court proceedings.
“That falls under the Attorney-General’s authority. Investigations may require additional information or deeper scrutiny, as prosecution without complete information could render the case defective.
“However, action must be expedited because delays could create negative perceptions and an unhealthy situation towards nation-building efforts,” he said.
On May 6, Selangor police chief Datuk Shazeli Kahar confirmed that 307 police reports had been lodged regarding the circulation of a caricature on social media containing elements deemed insulting towards the Sultan of Selangor.
Of the total, 282 reports were related to posts on the Facebook account 'Huayan The Pureland Learning Center', which allegedly insulted Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah Alhaj.
In addition, seven reports involved the Facebook account Beo Choon Yap, while another 18 reports were lodged against the account Lucas Liam.









