SHAH ALAM, Feb 3 — KDEB Waste Management Sdn Bhd (KDEBWM) will soon centralise rubbish collection schedules on its website and social media platforms to address public confusion over waste collection information, The Star reported.
This comes after the company acknowledged that existing waste collection information is fragmented and unclear, with its website currently directing users to the portals of 12 Selangor local councils instead.
In many cases, such as on the Petaling Jaya City Council (MBPJ) website, residents can only find general notices stating that domestic waste in landed properties is collected three times a week while commercial areas receive near-daily collection, including Sundays.
In view of this, KDEBWM managing director Datuk Ramli Mohd Tahir said area-specific schedules will be published on the company’s website and social media pages starting this year.
“We used to post the schedules in group chats of councillors or joint management bodies.
“Given the public’s concerns about unclear information, we will now put the schedules on our social media pages and website so that they can directly access them,” he told the local English daily.
Currently, the public can submit complaints and request services such as bulk waste collection through iClean Selangor, KDEBWM’s mobile application.
The company has also installed signboards displaying rubbish collection schedules, but many have since been removed or damaged, with some no longer legible, including one in USJ3, Subang Jaya.
According to The Star, among concerns raised by residents, including those in USJ3, is the lack of clear rubbish collection information. Some said they were unsure of collection days and times, while others called for better engagement to keep communities informed about waste management operations.
Responding to the concerns, Ramli said KDEBWM will replace the old blue and white signboards with new red and yellow ones as soon as possible.
“KDEBWM has installed about 6,000 to 8,000 rubbish collection schedule signboards across Selangor. Each residential area will have at least two signboards erected at its entrances and exits,” he said.
It was reported by The Star that service disruptions have continued in parts of Subang Jaya and Petaling Jaya following the signing of new waste management contracts with the Subang Jaya City Council (MBSJ) and MBPJ, with the service provider citing transport and manpower challenges.
The new seven-year contract between MBPJ and KDEBWM, from November 1, 2025 to October 31, 2032, will cost the council RM67.9 million per year, which is a 13.51 per cent increase from the previous contract.
Meanwhile, MBSJ’s new seven-year agreement, signed on December 18 last year, will run from January 1, 2026 to December 31, 2033.
The contract will cost MBSJ RM82.9 million annually, which is an increase from the RM73.3 million per year under the previous agreement.





