Emergency repairs under way after sinkhole appears in Shah Alam

21 Aug 2026, 12:59 AM
Emergency repairs under way after sinkhole appears in  Shah Alam

SHAH ALAM, Aug 21 — Emergency repair works are under way following the appearance of a sinkhole along Persiaran Jubli Perak in Section 19 here yesterday.

The Shah Alam City Council (MBSA) said immediate safety measures had been taken, including placing safety cones and securing the affected area to ensure the safety of road users.

“Based on an initial inspection by Indah Water Konsortium (IWK), the incident is believed to have been caused by damage to a public sewer pipe in the area,” an MBSA spokesperson said when contacted.

According to MBSA, IWK has taken follow-up action and will carry out emergency repair works.

MBSA said it would continue to cooperate with IWK and monitor the repair works to ensure public safety.

Earlier, the issue also drew attention on Threads after several users shared posts about the sinkhole in Section 19, raising concern among the public.

Categorynews

What do you think?

Latest
Media Selangor
About Us

Media Selangor Sdn Bhd (MSSB), a subsidiary of Menteri Besar Selangor Incorporated (MBI), is the official media agency of the Selangor State Government. In addition to the Media Selangor news portal (formerly known as Selangorkini & Selangor Journal), Media Selangor also publishes newspapers in Mandarin, Tamil, and English.