Online registration opens Feb 15 for 2027 session Year One students

28 Jan 2026, 9:50 AM
Online registration opens Feb 15 for 2027 session Year One students

KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 28 — Applications for Year One students for the 2027 academic year will open online from February 15 to March 31 through the Education Ministry Integrated System (MOEIS), said Education Ministry (MOE) director-general Mohd Azam Ahmad.

He said applications will be open on the MOE Identity Management System (idMe) to Malaysian children born between January 2 and December 31, 2021, and between January 2, 2020, and January 1, 2021.

He said the move is in line with the government’s decision to allow six-year-olds to enter Year One.

Though previously suggested, prospective early entrants need not undertake a screening test.

“Parents and guardians are advised to register an account on idMe, update their personal information, and submit applications through MOEIS within the stipulated period,” he said in a statement today.

He said more information can be found on the MOE, State Education Department (JPN), and District Education Office (PPD) websites.

Azam said the initiative to encourage the enrolment of six-year-olds into Year One was a progressive move by the Madani Government to ensure children are not left behind education-wise.

On January 20, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, in launching the National Education Blueprint 2026-2035, announced that from next year, six-year-olds may be enrolled in Year One, but said it is not mandatory.

Latest
MidRec
About Us

Media Selangor Sdn Bhd, a subsidiary of the Selangor State Government (MBI), is a government media agency. In addition to Selangorkini and SelangorTV, the company also publishes portals and newspapers in Mandarin, Tamil and English.