By Ida Nadirah Ibrahim
SUBANG JAYA, March 20 — The Health Ministry has reported the 15th Covid-19 related death, today.
In a Facebook post, its director-general Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said the patient, case number 1,519, had passed away at 5.35 am this morning.
“The National Crisis Preparedness and Response Center (CPRC) had today received a report of another (1) Covid-19 death (case 1,519), which brings the total number of deaths to 15.
“Case 1,519 was a 71-year-old male Malaysian citizen from Malacca. The patient was suspected to have close contact with a positive Covid-19 case, case 703, who had attended the tabligh gathering at the Seri Petaling Mosque.
“The patient also had a history of chronic illness,” he said in the statement.
Dr Noor Hisham said the deceased was treated at the Sultanah Fatimah Specialist Hospital in Muar, Johor, and was declared dead on March 24, 2020, at 5.35 am.
“Condolences to the family of the deceased,” said Dr Noor Hisham.
As of noon yesterday, 212 new cases had been reported, bringing the total number of positive cases in Malaysia to 1,518.
A total of 20 patients had recovered and been discharged yesterday, raising the number of fully recovered cases to 159 so far.







